Teacher Substitute (Temporary)
Shepherd's Flock is Lutheran Life Communities' childcare and preschool which combines learning experiences and structured play in a fun, safe and nurturing environment. Offering far more than just child care, our preschool is the first introduction to a lifetime of learning, a journey that should start off on the right foot! We help children discover, explore and learn to their fullest potential. Come join our family!
- Minimum Associate's Degree in Early Childhood Education or related field.
- Must meet all state (DCFS) qualification requirements for a licensed Child Care facility.
- Provide an environment sensitive to the children’s social, economic, cultural, ethnic and religious· backgrounds and individual needs and capabilities.
- Attend staff meetings when requested.
- Attend twenty (20) clock hours of in-service training per year.
- Work as needed and/or assigned.
- Communicate daily with parents.
- Communicate daily with team teacher, assistants and volunteers.
- Have immediate communication with Director regarding suspected child abuse and neglect.
- Have immediate communication with Director regarding health status of a child.
- Implement planning created by the classroom Teacher.
- Maintain a daily classroom log.
- Complete other reports as requested.
- Provide and maintain a clean, neat, safe and organized classroom in a Christian environment.
- Supervise all activities to ensure safety of all children at all times.
- Use positive discipline and guidance techniques.
- Have frequent interaction with children.
- Assist with self-care, meal and snack service.
Job Type: Temporary