- This event has passed.
6th Annual National Orthodox Advanced Leadership Conference
Friday, September 16, 2022 - Sunday, September 18, 2022
If you carry cash or card, plan to attend the 6th annual Orthodox Advanced Leadership Conference hosted by the Orthodox Christian Leadership Initiative, September 16-18, 2022. This year’s conference theme is Money – The Gospel Changes Everything. Parish leaders among the clergy and laity who serve the local parish, diocese, or Orthodox nonprofits are especially encouraged to attend.
At this conference, we plan to have honest and candid discussions about money and stewardship, fostering gratitude with all that the Lord provides. We will examine the temptations surrounding accumulation and wealth and turn to the spiritual practice of almsgiving and its place in “working out your salvation.” We will focus on practices that cultivate generosity and contentment at every life stage, from childhood to retirement. Those who attend will be encouraged by the generosity the Lord inspires to help position yourself, family, parish, diocese, or nonprofit as a steward within the broader community.
Consider sponsoring your entire parish to attend online with a GROUP TICKET. You have the option of providing the link to your entire parish to attend remotely, or gather your parish at the church hall to stream the conference presentations and participate in the prompted round table discussions just as you would at the conference site.
- Dr. Andrew Geleris: “Salvific Giving: Ministry-Centric vs. Soul-Centric Giving”
- Fr. Aaron Warwick: “Almsgiving as Mercy Giving”
- Fr. Robert Holet: “Biblical and Patristic Texts to Build a Framework for Our Life’s Work”
- Fr. Patrick O’Grady: “The Tithe: A First Step in the Life of the Gospel”
- Presvytera Stacey Dorrance: “Tempted by Accumulation”
- Gabe Otte: “Tempted by Wealth”
- Fr. Chad Hatfield: “The Cure of Souls and the Absence of Stewardship”
- Hollie Benton: “Cultivating Generosity in Children”
- Fr. Nicholas Hubbard: “Cultivating Contentment in Young Households”
- Dean Harbry, PCC: “The Blessing of Wealth Transfer”
- Bishop Alexis Trader: “Giving as a Transformative Spiritual Discipline”
- Fr. Barnabas Powell: “The Parish as Steward”
Each challenging presentation is followed by highly-interactive discussion questions, case studies, or small group work for all who attend online or in person. The conference is hybrid, allowing up to 100 people to attend at St. Vladimir’s Seminary in Crestwood, NY, September 16-18, 2022, as well as unlimited online participation.
Receive the benefit of networking and fellowship across the Church to support the stewardship God has entrusted to your care!
Social Media Platforms: