Job Posting: Communications Intern
Organization: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of Chicago
Time Commitment: Part-time (15-20 hours per week)
Academic Credit: Available
Time Frame: Summer 2019
Post Date: April 5,2019
Headquartered in Chicago, the Greek Orthodox Metropolis of Chicago (“Metropolis”) represents the Greek Orthodox faithful of 34 parishes in Illinois and 24 parishes in Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa, northern Indiana, and eastern and central Missouri and is one of nine Metropolises in the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America. His Eminence Metropolitan Nathanael presides over and is the spiritual leader of the Metropolis.
The Metropolis is seeking an intern who is enthusiastic about serving the Greek Orthodox Church in the Midwest. As a Communications Intern, you will contribute to the development, implementation and execution of communications strategies to support the needs and goals of the Metropolis. You will gain exposure to external communications, internal communications, media relations and social media initiatives during the course of your internship. The position is located in Chicago, IL.
- Report to the Metropolis Executive Director
- Support the day-to-day activities of the Metropolitan and the Communications Committee of the Metropolis Council.
- Assist the Communications Committee in developing and executing external and internal communications plans and content.
- Develop and manage social media campaigns, including content creation, monitoring and measurement.
- Help develop earned media strategy.
- Research ecumenical issues, trends and opportunities.
Required Skills And Capabilities
- Excellent written communications skills, including copy writing, editing, and proofing.
- Strong digital and social media experience including ability to develop infographics, memes and other sharable content.
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects and deadlines.
- Must be motivated, highly organized, and detail-oriented.
- Must show discretion, confidentiality and good judgment in handling sensitive and privileged matters and documentation.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
Education And Experience
- Involvement with the church is highly preferred
- Must be full-time university student working toward the completion of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism or English.
- Some communications experience in prior internships preferred, but not required.
Interested candidates should contact Fr. Kosmas Kallis, at: firstname.lastname@example.org, and submit a resume and a brief statement of interest and qualifications.