Website Metropolis of Chicago
Greek Orthodox Metropolis of Chicago
Overview: Headquartered in Lombard, IL, the Greek Orthodox Metropolis of Chicago (“Metropolis”) represents the Greek Orthodox faithful of 58 parishes across six states (34 parishes in Illinois and 24 parishes in Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa, northern Indiana, and central Missouri). The Chicago Metropolis is one of nine in the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America. His Eminence Metropolitan Nathanael presides over and is the spiritual leader of the entire Metropolis.
The Metropolis office exemplifies a collaborative, service oriented, and high-performance culture. The staff is committed to responding swiftly and effectively to our parish and parishioner needs. We offer a stimulating environment for flexible, intelligent, energetic, professional, confidential, and self-motivated individuals. Each of our team members is dedicated to service quality, high-achievement, and integrity.
At the Metropolis of Chicago, every staff member has the opportunity to make a difference as we empower every employee to passionately lead, drive change and work collaboratively with others.
The Director of Operations & Administration reports to the Metropolitan and is responsible for leading and managing operations and administration functions in alignment with the strategy and Metropolis business needs. This position has responsibility for organizational planning and development, workplace management (e.g., employee performance, finance, technology, facilities, procurement, internal policies and procedures, process improvement), and general operations of the Metropolis office.
· Lead the office in planning and development of a comprehensive plan of business operations for the Metropolis.
· Establish collaborative role dependencies and interdependencies to ensure continuous coverage of the Metropolitan and the Metropolis needs.
· First look and review of contracts and legal documents before engaging legal counsel. Must understand contracts and procurement requirements.
· Oversight and/or management of the office and building property needs.
· Manage the budgeting, fiscal planning, and internal reporting of the Metropolis.
o Coordinate/liaison the preparation of the annual budget
o Review, analyze and report monthly financial information to His Eminence and leaders.
o Primary procurement and purchasing leader/agent for the Metropolis. Review all contracts before working with legal representatives.
o Be an active member on Finance Committee; assist with budgeting and reporting.
· Direct the Operation & Administration of the Metropolis
o Personnel activities (job postings, conducting interviews, hiring, offer letters, on and off boarding processes, performance checkpoints and reviews, salary administration, & development plans)
o Conducts annual and quarterly performance reviews of direct reports. Manages performance issues to ensure that staff is operating efficiently and effectively.
o Is accountable to ensure that all leaders with management duties conduct annual and quarterly performance reviews. Supports and guides performance issues by working with the direct leaders to ensure that all staff has the qualifications necessary to effectively manage the office and leader requirements.
o Develop, improve, and govern office policies and internal processes.
o Leadership Activities
On an ongoing basis, critically evaluate and report on the performance and value of the internal organization (performance for effectiveness, efficiency, and risk management)
· Leadership effectiveness
· Employee engagement
· Development activities
Lead cross-functional initiatives and perform other duties as assigned.
· Translate strategic and tactical plans into implementation of administration operations and protocols. Direct administration functions, including supervision and workplace management.
· Identify, analyze and facilitate improvements to business systems, processes and workflows, aligned with the overall business strategy and requirements.
· Direct the operation of Communication/Marketing/Development
· Direct the operation of the administrative office (building, procurement, safety, registrar, accounting). Be an active member of the Metropolis Real Estate Committee.
· Leads and manages the IT strategy and function within the office.
· Collaborates with IT department and help facilitate technology implementation and issue resolution as needed.
· Ensure upkeep and maintenance of all office data bases.
· Develop processes and protocols to effectively “on and off board” new employees, contractors, and interns, etc.
· This function can operate as a “hybrid” role working both within the office and outside of the office with a flexible schedule.
· Provide thought-leadership to His Eminence, Chancellor, Director of Programs & Ministries, and Communication/Development Manager.
Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree and minimum of 10 years of progressive business leadership experience, non-profit and/or financial institution experience preferred.
Strong critical thinking, analysis, project management and problem-solving skills with the ability to successfully pivot between strategic and tactical activities.
Effective cross-functional leadership, communication, collaboration, and interpersonal skills in a diverse environment.
· Ability to achieve results directly and through others, in a fast-paced and service-oriented environment.
· Results orientated with high expectations for quality and accuracy.
· Accountable to evaluate and monitor employee performance and office operations.
· Create and lead a collaborative and supportive office culture.
· Able to maintain professional and confidential relationships.
· Clear and effective interpersonal communication, including impeccable verbal and written communication skills, exceptional proofreading and editing skills.
· Must communicate and interface with all levels of the Metropolis including the board, council and office staff.
· Flexibility and willingness to handle new and different tasks.
· Ability to work in a confidential, professional, and fast paced environment.
· Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
· Ability to work independently and know when to seek leadership guidance.
· Ability to prioritize work.
· Demonstrate sound discretion, professional judgement and ethics in decision making.
· Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
· Strong planning skills and financial emphasis.
· Plan, organize and remain accountable for actions.
· Disposition to lead, learn, communicate, and collaborate with others.
· Must hold confidential information received from His Eminence and the Greek Orthodox Chicago Metropolis in strict confidence and will exercise a reasonable degree of care to prevent disclosure to others.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org