Job Posting: Administrative Assistant Summer Internship
Organization: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of Chicago
Time Commitment: Part-time (15-20 hours per week)
Academic Credit: Available
Time Frame: Summer 2019
Post Date: April 5, 2019
Compensation: $1,700 stipend
Headquartered in Elk Grove Village, the Greek Orthodox Metropolis of Chicago (“Metropolis”) represents the Greek Orthodox faithful of 34 parishes in Illinois and 24 parishes in Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa, northern Indiana, and eastern and central Missouri and is one of nine Metropolises in the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America. His Eminence Metropolitan Nathanael presides over and is the spiritual leader of the Metropolis.
The Metropolis is seeking an intern who is enthusiastic about serving the Greek Orthodox Church in the Midwest. As an Administrative Assistant, you will contribute to the development, implementation and execution of workplace administrative strategies for the Greek Orthodox Metropolis of Chicago. You will gain exposure to professional correspondence, organizational structures, interpersonal communications, and institutional development. The position is located in Elk Grove Village, IL.
- Report daily to Metropolis Executive Director
- Support the day-to-day activities of the Metropolitan, Chancellor, Executive Director, and Chief of Staff of the Greek Orthodox Metropolis of Chicago
- Assist in correspondence on all levels (formal, personal, digital, etc.)
- Front Office desk work organization, filing, and supply inventories
Required Skills and Capabilities
- Excellent written communications skills, including copy writing, editing, and proofing
- Strong digital and social media experience including ability to develop infographics, memes and other sharable content
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Must be motivated, highly organized, and detail-oriented
- Must show discretion, confidentiality and good judgment in handling sensitive and privileged matters and documentation
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
Education and Experience
- Involvement with the church is highly preferred
- Must be full-time university or college student working toward the completion of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
- Some communications experience in prior internships preferred, but not required.
Interested candidates should contact Vicki Karl, Metropolis of Chicago Executive Director at: firstname.lastname@example.org, and submit a resume and a brief statement of interest and qualifications.