Job Posting: Office of Youth & Young Adult Ministries Intern
Organization: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of Chicago
Time Commitment: Full-Time
Academic Credit: Available
Time Frame: May 20 through June 14
Post Date: April 5, 2019
Compensation: $1,500 stipend
Headquartered in Elk Grove Village, the Greek Orthodox Metropolis of Chicago (“Metropolis”) represents the Greek Orthodox faithful of 34 parishes in Illinois and 24 parishes in Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa, northern Indiana, and eastern and central Missouri and is one of nine metropolises in the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America. His Eminence Metropolitan Nathanael presides over and is the spiritual leader of the Metropolis.
The Metropolis is seeking an intern who is enthusiastic about serving the Greek Orthodox Church in the Midwest. The Youth & Young Adult Ministries (Y2AM) Intern will work directly under the Y2AM Director, contributing to the development, implementation and execution of the Y2AM Office. You will gain exposure to youth programming, program development, and communications initiatives during the course of your internship. The position is located in Elk Grove Village, IL.
- Report daily to the Metropolis Y2AM Director
- Support the day-to-day activities of the Director of Y2AM
- Assist the Y2AM Director in developing and executing various programming initiatives in the Metropolis
- Develop and manage social media campaigns, including content creation, monitoring and measurement.
- Research ecumenical issues, American Youth trends, and opportunities
Required Skills and Capabilities
- Excellent written communications skills, including copy writing, editing, and proofing.
- Strong digital and social media experience including ability to develop infographics, memes and other sharable content
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Must be motivated, highly organized, and detail-oriented
- Must show discretion, confidentiality and good judgment in handling sensitive and privileged matters and documentation
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
Education and Experience
- Involvement with the church is highly preferred
- Must be full-time university or college student working toward the completion of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
Interested candidates should contact Fr. Kosmas Kallis, Director, Office of Youth & Young Adult Ministries firstname.lastname@example.org and submit a resume and a brief statement of interest and qualifications.