The Greek Orthodox Metropolis of Chicago and her parishes face a number of challenges, both internal and external. Only by reaching clarity and consensus to address these unique challenges as a unified body can we more fully live our faith and give meaning to Christ’s Great Commission to “make disciples of all nations."
Strategic planning is a proven process for doing this holy work. It finds its roots in the Holy Gospel and it follows the exact process our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ developed for his Apostles, as well as current best practices. Several milestones have been achieved, including the development and adoption of mission, vision and values statements. Moreover, a great many volunteers have been recruited to implement change so that the Metropolis' parishes grow and remain vital in the lives of the faithful.
The faithful of the Metropolis are encouraged to volunteer their time and talent and join one of 10 Strategic Task Force Teams:
- Clergy Development & Support
- Communications, Technology, & Innovation
- Religious Education & Literacy
- Lay Leadership Development
- Life Cycle Ministries
- Metropolis Administration & Best Practices
- Welcoming, Outreach, & Evangelism
- Worship Engagement & Accessibility
- Youth & Emerging Adults
VIEW THE FULL STRATEGIC PLAN HERE.
- Presentation: MOC Strategic Plan | Clergy-Laity Assembly
- Presentation: MOC Why, Values, Mission, Vision and 16 Strategic Goals & Action Plans
- Letter: From His Eminence Metropolitan Nathanael to the Strategic Planning Team (SPT)
- Outline: MOC Strategic Planning Process
The work of the strategic planning process will unfold over the next three years and, above all, needs servant-leader volunteers to realize its goals in a timely and efficient manner.